Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Power of Social Networking

I should be asleep right now considering I have to be awake again for class in just under 6 hours, but I am just too excited for discovering what a blessing social networking is! Mostly I've considered social networking, i.e. facebook, twitter, blogger, pinterest, etc. to be mostly for wasting time and creeping people I haven't seen since high school. (Be honest, you do it too.) However after praying for funds for Kenya tonight, my eyes were opened into just how wonderful social networking can potentially be! It wasn't until tonight that I realized how much information can be spread and how far through the internet and all the beautiful people using it. Since I have a blog, and a facebook, and a twitter, and a pinterest, I figured, heck, let's see if people will blow my mind and give to this trip even though they may not know me, or at least agree to pray for me and the team as we prepare to head down this July. So I sent out a tweet, linked it to facebook, and created a pin for my travel board on Pinterest with a bit of detail about the trip and a link to my blog so if people feel called to, they can donate to the trip. Little did I know of just how God would be working through the internet. After being up for mere minutes the pin got repinned onto a board titled Heroes. I cried. Really. Never in my life have I been so humbled. There is no way I deserve to be called a hero. I'm merely doing what all Christians are called to do--spread the love of God throughout the nations. So to everyone who is looking at this page and reading these words and listening to this great music (unless you muted it) and came from a website other than blogger, thank you. I hope this sparks a bit of a social networking revolution as well so we can begin to use all these sites for passing on good news and reassuring each other and supporting each other across the globe. Leave me a comment of how you ended up on this page too!! I'm really interested to see how we're all connected. :)

Love y'all,
Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment