Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unshaken

I got a sticker when I was at Passion just earlier this month from a prayer card that said, "UNSHAKEN" with the verse Romans 8:31 underneath it. I'd heard the verse before and sang it quite a few times during Our God, but I never realized how it would apply to me until I called home to tell my family about this trip. Turns out my family is very much against me going, which is going to make it that much more difficult to get there. Their lack of faith in the provision of God has caused me to not be able to send support letters to the rest of my family, which feels a lot like cutting of one of my legs to stand on. Because all I've heard is how this trip is another irresponsible waste of money and asking for donations is completely inappropriate, I started to wonder just how I was going to be able to go on this trip at all. Which is where the sticker comes in.

Romans 8:31-32 "What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't he also give us everything else?"

Turns out the support I needed most at that moment was a glance at that sticker--a reminder that with faith in God nothing is impossible. I still need to find a way to make $250 by the 31st, but I know I'll find a way or people will start to open up their own pockets for my sake. Please continue to pray for me and the team heading down for renewed spirits when we're feeling defeated and for serious faith that God will provide because we're doing His good work.

Love y'all,
Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment